Little Steps Preschool & Extended Care
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
— Matthew 19:14 (NIV)
Little Steps Preschool and Extended Care is located on the Newbury Park First Christian Church campus in our Education Center. A ministry of our church, it exists to meet the preschool and childcare needs of our community in a safe, nurturing, Christian environment.
Little Steps is committed to:
- Present the love of God through Jesus Christ, to each child, with a sound Bible-based curriculum.
- Help develop and maintain positive self-esteem in each child.
- Help develop the growth of each child spiritually, physically, socially, creatively, cognitively, and emotionally.
- Be an extension of each family so that the home and preschool can work, side-by-side, for the benefit of the child.
- Employ qualified staff and provide them with a pleasant, thoroughly equipped facility in which to work.
- Classes/daycare for your child, ages two to five years.
- A class for two-year-olds that offers potty-training assistance.
- A balanced curriculum and developmentally appropriate programs that incorporate Bible-based themes.
- Indoor and outdoor activities to help your child develop social skills, listening skills, physical coordination, independence, creativity and a positive sense of self.
- Caring, qualified teachers who are trained in early childhood development and education.
- Weekly chapel in the church Worship Center.
- Excellent teacher ratios: Not more than 10 children to 1 teacher. In our two-year-old class, not more than 7 children to 1 teacher.
- Your choice of days: five days, three days (M,W,F), or two days (T,Th).
- Your choice of hours: Preschool (8:30 am - 12 pm), Extended Care (8:30 am - 3 pm), or Full Care (8 am - 5:30 pm).
For more information, call Little Steps' Director Margaret Miller at (805) 498-8443, or email her at email@example.com.